Softwood pallets for fences are getting popular day by day. Hardwood that’s usually labeled as the right choice for fencing (which it is) is facing stiff competition from softwood pallets. In this guide, we will take you through some reasons why softwood pallets are giving neck-to-neck competition to hardwood pallets and the many benefits of softwood pallets for fencing. Dive in to explore all the info!
Softwood Vs Hardwood – Is Softwood as Good as Hardwood?
If there’s one thing that cannot be denied then that is the durability and strength of hardwood. It has been a popular fencing option because it is very strong. That said, softwood is catching up with hardwood fencing very swiftly. The many reasons that softwood is just as good as hardwood for fencing are as follows.
- Softwood is Heat-Treated and Compressed – This is done to make softwood as tough and durable as hardwood is. The Spec Wood cedar fence is one of the best examples of extremely strong softwood fencing options.
- Softwood can be Made Insect-repelling – Whilst hardwood naturally repels insects, softwood can be engineered to repel insects.
- Softwood is Easier to Transport – Softwood is light. Hence, transporting it is much easier than hardwood that’s heavy.
- Softwood is Cheaper – Cedarwood and Spruce wood (every other softwood) are cheaper than hardwoods. Hence, they’re more affordable.
That said, let’s now take you through some of the benefits of Cedarwood fences.
3 Benefits of Softwood for Fences
1. It Can be Customized in Many Colors and Shapes
Softwood is easy to cut. Hence, it can be customized according to your likes. The premium-grade spruce fences and cedar fences at Spec Wood are kiln-dried too. Also, you can pick any color of your choice, something that would complement the exteriors of your house, and experienced manufacturers will make it happen.
2. It, Especially Cedar Wood, is Extremely Durable
Not all softwoods have natural oils, but cedarwood does. Hence, it’s as good as hardwood when it comes to durability and longevity. It’s an easy-to-maintain option and doesn’t require much maintenance either. Hence, it is an economical option for people on a strict budget.
Bear in mind, cedar fences can last for as long as 12 years when you purchase them from reputable manufacturers and sellers such as Spec Wood.
3. It is Weatherproof
Cedarwood doesn’t wrap when the weather gets cold. Also, it doesn’t rot during the wet season. Needless to say, it is an extremely competent softwood fencing option that delivers what it promises.
All in all, if you’re on the lookout for buying softwood pallets for fencing, then, do check out the Spec Wood website!